The establishment of the PFA was one of the goals of the Project Access 2000 No. AC 61 of PHARE programme Latvia and ensures the achievement of the goals of this Project. Project "Improvement of Competitiveness of the Socially Disadvantaged Groups in the Latvian Labour Market through Creation of Practice Firms Network" was implemented by Riga Managers school. The programme was co-financed by EC Phare ACCESS 2000 programme
The Goal of Association’s Activities
- Practice Firms Association (PFA) is a non-governmental organization established in February 2003 with the air to provide for creation of a broad network of Latvian Practice Firms and its involvement in business circulation of the global Practice Firms (PF)
- As of the moment of establishment, the participants of Practice Firms Association are:
- Rigas Menedzeru Skola (Riga Managers School – RMS) with the Central Office and two Practice Firms for training of the disabled with locomotive disorders,
- Riga International School of Economics and Business Administration (RISEBA) – with a Practice firm for training of students
- “Mācību komercfirma” (Scholastic Commercial Enterprise) – with a Practice firm for training of the unemployed
The external environment of the Association:
- The Association is integrated in the International PF network through Association "EUROPEN" (Essen, Germany).
- EUROPEN governs all the relationship between thirty national practice firm networks.
- The conformity of the “Closed Business Environment” to the actual real conditions existing in the society is ensured by the Central Office. The Office introduces in the closed environment the current laws, regulatory enactments, regulations, etc.
- The Central Office forms partnerships with educational establishments, governmental institutions and municipal structures in order to take into account the interests of these institutions in government of the PF network.
In whose interests does PFA operate
- In interests of state and municipal structures
- by ensuring as much employment as possible
- by streamlining the educational system by preparing specialists in line with the increasing requirements of the labour market
- by improving the care system by actually helping people with limited possibilities to participate in active life
- In interests of the general and specialized educational establishments:
- by raising the attractiveness of the practical education for students and therefore improving the competitiveness of the establishment.
In interests of the students
In interests of people with limited possibilities – by providing an opportunity for them to get involved in the social and working environmentIn interests of the unemployed – by providing an opportunity for them to get a hands-on practice in the process of acquiring a new professionIn interests of women who after the maternity leave return to workThe further stages of the Association’s development
- by providing a wide opportunity to obtain practical knowledge and skills for actually operating as an employee or a businessman.
- by increasing the value of students in the labour market,
- by providing an opportunity for participants in the general network of Practice Firms to acquire knowledge and skills for operating in any of the 30 countries
- Expansion of the range of practice firms by involving all cities of the republic as much as possible
- Improvement of industry profiles of practice firms
- Broad involvement of people with limited possibilities in activities of practice firms on the basis of teleworking principles.
- Functional integration of practice firms in the international network
- Expansion of the Central Office’s technical and normative basis this way approximating its operation more to the actual conditions
- Facilitation of cooperation with other non-governmental organizations and municipal institutions interested
This programme is implemented by Riga Managers school. The views expressed in this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the European Commission